Saturday, July 17, 2010

Very disapointing start to the day. Its been raining here and the fog has completly covered the alps. I trudged all the way from the hostel to the station for the tour, to find it was cancelled because of the weather. I've been booked in for another tomorrow which finishes just in time for the train back to Christchurch. Please God, can the weather be fine. The tour is why I've come here.
Another really nice person who I've met while travelling was Ivan, who gave me lots of good info on Kaikoura and the train trip up here. He lives in youth hostels! Im not sure I could do that, always having to share a room and a shower...no thanks.
For lunch locally caught crayfish, with chips and salad. Was nice and I've been wanting to try seafood while here. I would have rather it been cold though. (the crayfish) This arvo I went for a walk (I've walked another 10km today) to a seal colony. It was great. I read that the big, bulky seals are males and the lighter looking, more pear shaped seals are the females. They didn't seem at all bothered by humans.
I went to bed feeling angry last night, and woke up feeling angry with life and other people and with God. I'm sorry God, please forgive me and help me to be kind and patient with people. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment